Our Collective Worship
Collective worship is very important in the life of our school. It is time for worship, celebration, prayer, stillness and reflection; it is an opportunity, without compulsion, for all pupils and adults to grow spiritually, rejoicing in what makes each of us and our school special.
It is a time for contemplation and for seeking to understand our roles and responsibilities in the school community.
It is a time for praising God, for asking for His help and inviting Him to be active in the life of our school.
Worship takes place every day and may be whole school, key stage or class worship.
- On a Monday, the Collective Worship is whole school and led by the Head Teacher.
- On a Tuesday, the Collective Worship is whole school hymn practice led by a member of the teaching team
- On a Wednesday, Collective Worship is held in Class, led by the teacher.
- On Thursday, the Collective Worship is held in each key stage.
- On a Friday we have a Celebration Assembly which celebrates those children who have shown our ‘Taking Care’ values and Christian values throughout the week, as well as celebrating examples of achievements.
Our local Vicar, Reverend Sarah, leads worship once a half-term on a Friday as well as a significant Christian celebration throughout the year. We also have a link with Hugo from Yapton Free Church who leads worship once a half term.
We use a Value Led approach to planning our Collective Worship.
In Year 2023/24 we are focusing on:
Autumn 1: Thankfulness
Autumn 2: Trust
Spring 1: Perseverance
Spring 2: Justice
Summer 1: Service
Summer 2: Truthfulness