Our Improvement Plan
Growing Together ♥ Nurturing Individuals to Flourish ♥ Rooted by God's Love
Our school improvement plan (SIP) provides information regarding the key priorities identified through self evaluation for the next year. It is used to help drive school improvement and is monitored by school governors.
This year the priorities were agreed as a result of:
- lesson observations and learning walks
- staff feedback and reflections from our new curriculum
- pupil progress meetings
- emerging pupil and community need after COVID lockdowns
Our SIP is organised under the following broad objectives:
- To develop effective leadership to consistently improve outcomes for all pupils
- To improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment so that all lessons typically create learning conditions that enable pupils to consistently make good or better progress over time.
- To develop learner's personal development, behaviour and welfare in order to have a positive impact on their progress.
- To improve outcomes for pupils in each year and across the curriculum so that current pupils make substantial and sustained progress from their different starting points.
The Key Priorities for a school year are supported by:
- personal and professional development for staff
- whole school training and INSET days
- school budgeting
The 4 Key Priorities for 2022 -23 are:
- Improve pupil outcomes in reading by embedding a whole school systematic approach to Guided Reading and raising the profile and engagement of reading at home.
- Improve pupil outcomes in maths through daily 'maths facts' practise to support working memory
- Improve pupils behaviours for learning by developing all stakeholders understanding of the Key Behaviours for learning
- Improve pupil's relationships and resilience through the development of restorative practise
- Develop subject leadership to embed a cycle of plan, monitor and review
- To ensure the school has an internal and external review of its effectiveness as a Church School
The development plan is reviewed at the end of each term and new actions mapped out.