What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Overview of the school
Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received in financial year April 2020 to April 2021
Total number of pupils on roll - 64
Total number of pupils eligible for PPG: 10
Main barriers to achievement faced by eligible pupils
The main barriers to achievement faced by eligible pupils are a lack of aspiration, linked to social & emotional issues together with poor language skills.
Some children with PP lack life experiences and have low expectations of themselves as learners
Home learning environments can limit some children’s learning: good communication and support from school is needed.
Nature of support September 2022 to September 2023
- Through Quality First Teaching, we intend to:
- Improve outcomes in pupil's reading through daily guided reading and the use of high quality texts
- Improve outcomes in pupil's writing: use of high quality texts, higher expectations
- Improve outcomes for pupil's maths fluency and maths attainment
- Targeted Academic Support, we intend to:
- Be able to provide small group interventions for speech and language
- Be able to provide 1:1 daily reading for targeted groups/pupils
- Be able to provide specific interventions: Precision Teach
- Provide nurturing relationships and proactive responses for all pupils.
Wider Strategies, we intend to:
- Improve pupil’s resilience as learners through the use of Forest School
- Broaden children's understanding of how they learn (meta cognition)
Measuring the impact of PPG spending
- Singleton Primary School will:
- measure the impact of the interventions by tracking the progress of the pupil premium pupils half termly basis.
- measure the success of pupils at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 relative to Key Performance Indicators
- monitor and support pupils in accessing pastoral support and discuss their progress and needs regularly