What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Overview of the school
Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received in financial year April 2020 to April 2021
Total number of pupils on roll - 58
Total number of pupils eligible for PPG: 11
Total amount of PPG received 2020-21
Main barriers to achievement faced by eligible pupils
The main barriers to achievement faced by eligible pupils are a lack of aspiration, linked to social & emotional issues together with poor language skills.
Some children with PP lack life experiences and have low expectations of themselves as learners
Home learning environments can limit some children’s learning: good communication and support from school is needed.
Nature of support 2020 - 2021
- Through Quality First Teaching, we intend to:
- Improve outcomes in Maths by using a mastery approach
- Improve outcomes in Phonics and English by using a whole school systematic approach
- Improve outcomes in the Early Years by improving the environment, pedagogy and provision and communication with families
- Targeted Academic Support, we intend to:
- Be able to provide small group interventions for Phonics and Spellings
- Be able to provide 1:1 daily reading for targeted groups/pupils
- Be able to provide specific interventions: Precision Teach
Wider Strategies, we intend to:
- Improve pupil’s positive behaviour for learning.
- Provide nurturing relationships and proactive responses for all pupils.
- Improve the learning environment for all children to enable ‘calm’ classrooms.
Measuring the impact of PPG spending
- Singleton Primary School will:
- measure the impact of the interventions by tracking the progress of the pupil premium pupils half termly basis.
- measure the success of pupils at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 relative to Key Performance Indicators
- monitor and support pupils in accessing pastoral support and discuss their progress and needs regularly
To be ratified by Governors at FGB meeting 27th Sepetmber 2021